Mobile technology has transformed the way companies work, enabling higher productivity and efficiency. Warehouse managers are using mobile inventory management apps to connect with ERP and WMS systems, track inventory, and produce reports on productivity. This blog outlines 5 benefits about how a mobile inventory management solution can be a game-changer for an organization and benefit the employees in the long run.
Importance & Benefits of Mobile Inventory Mangement
Mobile Inventory Management has created a brand-new arena of scope and progress in each and every business. According to global market insights report the inventory management software size surpassed USD 3 billion in 2022 and is anticipated to exhibit a CAGR of 5% between 2023 and 2032.
But, with the lack of mobility in warehouses, inventory personnel typically require paper and pencil to note down the details and then upload the same into systems. However, with mobile apps, such manual data collection is eliminated. Mobile Inventory Management boosts the overall productivity of the workforce and speeds up the complex business processes. Here are some benefits:
- Accuracy: Inventory personnel can easily check transactions and business tasks using mobile apps that scan barcodes and QR codes, ensuring data accuracy. This gives accurate access to inventory figures and offers a seamless experience for all employees.
- Real-Time Information: Mobile apps enable real-time sync with ERP, providing managers with accurate information and insights, enabling them to make informed decisions.
- Enhanced Productivity: Mobile apps provide warehouse personnel with specific use cases, ensuring a smoother experience for users. This reduces the processor burden and allows users to install only the necessary features, resulting in a more efficient and user-friendly experience. Propel Apps offers cutting-edge inventory solutions that effectively improves employee productivity and smoothens the inventory workflow.
- On-the-go Feasibility: Mobile devices allow users to access ERP systems and perform transactions on the go, benefiting managers and decision-makers who may not have constant access to ERP. This feature guarantees that critical information is not missed by providing timely notifications and badges.
- Offline Access: Inventory personnel do not have access to internet all the time. With offline storage options, mobile apps allow users to store the performed transactions and sync them with ERP once connected to the internet. This feature is handy when the server is slow and restricts users from completing other transactions. Even a two-second delay in server response per transaction can impact the bottom line of the business. The user can complete other tasks, save the data locally, and sync it with the ERP later using offline mobility.
Mobile will continue to exist in one form or another. By implementing mobility in warehouses, companies can achieve a competitive advantage and improve their bottom lines. Looking for a mobile solution for your inventory management, we are here to help you. Request a call for expert guidance to walk you through a solution.