On June 19th Oracle released the roadmap for E-Business Suite (EBS). The roadmap is very encouraging for the companies and partners using Oracle EBS.
Key announcement made by Cliff Godwin, SVP EBS Product Development are –
- There will be major release after the current version of 12.2 of Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS)
- Premier support for Oracle EBS 12.2 be provided till Sep 2023
- Premier support to major release version 12.X be provided till 2030
What does mean by premier support?
The Premier support provides comprehensive maintenance and software upgrades for your Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware, and Oracle applications for five years from the general availability (GA) date.
Key takeaways for all the stakeholders –
- Customers – There are many companies who have heavily invested on Oracle EBS and don’t want to move to the cloud, the announcement is a welcome move. Now, they can use the on-premise ERP with Oracle Premier support till 2030.The Oracle customers who are using SaaS ERP, the new announcement wouldn’t impact.
- Partners – There are many companies who are wholly dependent of Oracle EBS for their growth. As most of the partners’ products and services are dependent on Oracle EBS, it’s a pleasant move for partners. Partners can now plan for future products and services.We at Propel Apps develop turn-key suite of next generation mobility apps for Oracle EBS users. Using our apps, enterprises can avail the benefit of mobility without moving to cloud. For details, Please check our product page.
- Engineers – For Oracle EBS developers and support engineers, it’s the best news. As there would be enough opportunities and demand for Oracle EBS technology.
The news is a disappointment for oracle SaaS lovers, as most of them are expecting the Oracle EBS 12.2 to be the last release.
The roadmap also reflects the technology needs of enterprise segment. From last few years, most of the software giants like Microsoft, Oracle etc., were selling the cloud very aggressively even to enterprise customers with lot of offers and goodies.
The SaaS model has many advantages and very beneficial for SMB segment who can’t do high capital investment. But for the large enterprises who had heavily invested on ERP and always do long-term profit/loss analysis, the SaaS model does add much value or at least they are not able to experience the value proposition of SaaS.
The world ERP market is valued at $18.52 billion and expected to grow at CAGR of 10%, in the current scenario both the cloud and on-premise ERP can easily sustain and grow.
About Propel Apps, Previously Algarytm –
Propel Apps is an award winning mobile solutions provider trusted by companies like ABB, Medtronic, Tennant Co, Kraft (Mondelez), Hallmark, and Hunter Douglas, with simple yet transformational solutions that people love to use. By combining ORACLE EBS ERP software and mobile solutions with over 100 plus mobile app project implementation experience, Propel Apps helps organizations redefine and reinvent business processes across the wholesale, retail, manufacturing, finance, transportation and logistics industries.