While creating Ionic Enterprise Mobile App for Oracle EBS, you need to deploy PLSQL packages for the app you are creating as REST Service.
PLSQL Package as REST Service
In this tutorial, i will walk you through the process for deploying PLSQL Package as REST Service.
- Firstly, we need to Log in to EBS System as SYSADMIN
- After logging in, Navigate to Integrated SOA Gateway Responsibility > Integration Repository
- Click on Search button
- Enter the Package Name in Internal Name field. In this case, the package name is ‘XXALG_SMART_EXP_APPROVAL_PKG’. Enter and Hit on Go.
- Below Table shows the search result. Click on the Package name from the table.
- Navigate to REST Web Service Tab. Select the Function/Procedure to deploy. Enter the Service Alias.
- Hit on Deploy button at the bottom of the page.
- Once it is deployed, WADL file is created. Click on View WADL link to see WADL file. HTTP Method to access this Service is also described here.
- Now, we have to create Grants to give access to use this service.
- Navigate to Grants Tab, Check the Function / Procedure name and click on create grant button.
- You will be prompted to select Grantee Type, you can choose
- All Users
- Specific User
- Group of Users
- Click on Create Grant button at the top of the page.
- When grant is created, this icon appears for the function / procedure.
- From the WADL file, we have to construct REST Service URL. Extract the base URL and append the resource path to it.
- The below link is our final REST Service URL. https://vis1225.dpebserver.com:8000/webservices/rest/Smart_Expense_Approval/get_smart_exp_cnt_p/
- Once the url is extracted, Test the REST Service to make sure the deployment is perfect.
Test the REST Service
Now, We will Test the Service in any REST Client like POSTMAN just to make sure everything is perfect. POSTMAN is a browser extension you can use on Chrome.
- Open POSTMAN. Add the following Headers under headers tab.
- Construct the payload according to XSD from WADL file. Select the Method as POST in POSTMAN.
- Once you click on send, the result appears. Status Code 200 is a success.
If you are looking to build mobile apps with Oracle Mobile Cloud Service, our End to End Guide on developing an Oracle EBS based mobile app in Ionic frame work.
The document portrays a scenario of our Smart Expense Approval App for EBS using Integrated SOA as gate way and Oracle Mobile Cloud Services as middle ware.