Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) R12.2 has long been the backbone of your organization’s supply chain management. But as Oracle’s SCM SAAS Cloud gains popularity, business and IT leaders face a critical choice: Should they embrace the cloud or maximize their existing EBS investments? Cloud solutions promise innovation and cost savings, yet for many, sticking with Oracle EBS is a strategic decision. Fortunately, Oracle’s commitment to innovation in their on-premises EBS product matches that of their SAAS counterpart.
In this blog, we’ll explore how Oracle EBS users can harness their existing investments to stay competitive and responsive to market dynamics.
Supply Chain Trends and Best Practices for Oracle EBS Customers
- Upgrade to Oracle EBS 12.2
- Implement a Digital Layer on Top of Oracle EBS R 12.2
- The Business Case for SaaS Cloud
- Protect Your Existing Oracle EBS Investment
- Preserve Customizations and Functionality
- Move from In-House Data Centers to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
1. Upgrade to Oracle EBS 12.2
Upgrading to Oracle EBS 12.2 is more than a routine update; it’s a gateway to a realm of new possibilities. With this upgrade, you can:
- Enhance security and compliance with the latest updates.
- Streamline supply chain operations with enhanced features for inventory management and demand forecasting.
- Enjoy extended support and a continuous stream of innovation.
2. Implement a Digital Layer on Top of Oracle EBS R12.2
When transitioning from older EBS versions like R12.1.x and R12.2.x to the latest iterations, many customers are embracing digital mobile supply chain platforms. These platforms replace legacy applications like Oracle MSCA barcode scanning solutions, offering features such as barcode scanning, inventory management, manufacturing, shipping, and cycle counting. Explore how our modern mobile supply chain solutions, helped customers to simplify their supply chains, reduce support costs significantly, and achieve scalability.
3. The Business Case for SaaS Cloud
While cloud solutions are all the rage, Oracle EBS users may not always find a compelling case for SaaS Cloud, and here’s why:
- Legacy investments: Your substantial investments in Oracle EBS make maximizing its potential a priority.
- Integration Challenges: Migrating to the cloud can disrupt existing operations and require extensive integration efforts.
- Hybrid Approach: Consider a hybrid strategy, where non-core functions can be moved to the cloud, while your on-premises Oracle EBS remains the backbone of your core supply chain processes.
4. Protect Your Existing Oracle EBS Investment
Your organization has invested time and resources in customizing Oracle EBS to suit your specific supply chain needs. To safeguard this investment:
- Regular Maintenance: Keep your customized EBS system up to date with periodic maintenance and patches to ensure optimal performance.
- Cost-saving Measures: Explore ways to reduce operational costs without compromising functionality.
- Continuous Training: Invest in training for your team to maximize the potential of your customized EBS features.
5. Preserve Customizations and Functionality
Your EBS system has been finely tuned to your exact requirements, and you don’t want to lose that functionality. To ensure your customizations remain intact:
- Document Customizations: Maintain detailed records of the customizations made, so you can re-implement them as needed during upgrades or migrations.
- Collaborate with Experts: Work closely with Oracle EBS specialists who understand the intricacies of your customizations to ensure their preservation.
6. Move from In-House Data Centers to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Running in-house data centers has become expensive and resource intensive. Securing these centers in the face of increasing cyber threats presents challenges. As a result, many organizations are finding it more cost-effective to shift Oracle EBS R12.2 from on-premises data centers to Oracle Cloud infrastructure. This transition has led to substantial savings in IT hardware and operational costs, all while achieving the scalability, flexibility, and security of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Maximizing your Oracle EBS R12.2 investment isn’t just a strategic move; it’s a necessity in today’s dynamic supply chain landscape. By upgrading, integrating a digital layer, safeguarding your customizations, and carefully considering cloud adoption, you can ensure your Oracle EBS investment continues to drive your supply chain success. With the latest versions of Oracle EBS, you can transform your supply chain for the digital age without breaking the bank. If you need more information or wish to schedule a free consultation call, don’t hesitate to reach us out.
We at Propel Apps are here to help you embrace the evolving trends while safeguarding your existing investments, ensuring that your organization remains agile, efficient, and competitive in the ever-changing world of supply chain management.